Capsule Centering Jig "accommodates multiple shapes"
The centering jig includes two precision aluminum male and female cupsules with ten hardened acrylic centering plugs (disks).
Each plug has multiple ridges to accommodate various shapes and sizes.
The plug holds the piece securely in the male base capsule while the upper female end locks it into place.
A hole in the hub of the upper portion allows the modeler to insert a needle to mark the center of the part.
The centering jig will locate the exact middle of any shaped part as long as it fits into the diameter of the plug.
For example, if you have a wheel where the axle hole is off center, the jig will find the precise location for a new axle insertion point.
Also if you need to make a ring, once you have the larger disk, this tool will find the center so you can drill or punch the smaller diameter hole to form the ring.
- Separate the male and female pieces
- Choose the appropriate sized acrylic plug
- Place plug into the top of the male base
- Set your piece into the plug
- Slide the upper female portion on top of the base
- Insert a needle into the hub to mark the center of the piece or use a drill to make a hole in the center of the part
- Lift off the upper capsule and remove the piece
- To remove the plug, insert a small wire or needle into the pressure release opening and push the plug out